Our Mission Statement - The Jessamine Early Learning Village is committed to providing a child-centered learning environment with high expectations for all.
Our Beliefs -
The staff of the Jessamine Early Learning Village believes:
- That teaching must focus on the whole child and must involve families in the educational process.
- That when designing instruction and services, we ensure that all programs are developmentally appropriate, collaborative and inclusive for all children.
- That instruction is engaging, meaningful and challenging.
- That individualization is necessary for all students.
- That our curriculum and instruction design must be innovative and research based.
- That arts and humanities instruction is an essential part of each child’s education.
- That high expectations must be held for staff, students and families.
- That we must provide a compassionate, caring, inviting environment for our children and their families.
- That effective communication is essential among teachers, support staff, families and community.
- That success is dependent on fostering meaningful relationships with children, families, our community, the district and local universities and college.
JELV Purpose Statement -
The core purpose of Jessamine Early Learning Village is to build a strong foundation that equips students for life-readiness.
We will ensure this through providing:
- authentic play-based learning experiences,
- high-impact instruction in literacy and numeracy,
- a safe and secure learning environment,
- quality resources to develop social and emotional skills,
- exposure to rich cultural experiences.